Don’t forget to visit our shop Click Here

Our blog has grown more than we ever expected over the last two years.

It now has more than a thousand pictures, to keep things simple we have started a new-style Blog.

The old Blog is Here


Need an experienced and reliable photographer
in the Bath Area?
Check out my web site

Email me or phone 01225 833819

About Me

Don’t forget to visit our shop


To see the full blog

Sunday, 4 March 2007

BT Broadband man with a van calls.

Living in the country is a problem for Broadband users; I have always received half of the bandwidth offered because of the distance to the exchange.
When I was offered 1 meg I had half a meg, when it was speeded up to two I had one, so when BT offered me three of the up to six on offer in return for signing a one year agreement, I jumped at it.
But the problem is they use a call centre outside the UK, after three weeks of going through the same computer generated questions, do I have a firewall running at the moment (no), have I changed the filters (three times), can I take the front off the socket and connect to the master socket (no the line is 40 years old I have no master socket).
So after weeks of me asking the same question, “please can you send a man with a van?”
They relented and sent me the man with van and he replaced the 40-year old line into the house with a new one that he tested and said was capable of supporting 4.7 meg.
Well they have managed two meg so far, and I live in hope of it improving slowly.

No comments: