Don’t forget to visit our shop Click Here

Our blog has grown more than we ever expected over the last two years.

It now has more than a thousand pictures, to keep things simple we have started a new-style Blog.

The old Blog is Here


Need an experienced and reliable photographer
in the Bath Area?
Check out my web site

Email me or phone 01225 833819

About Me

Don’t forget to visit our shop


To see the full blog

Saturday, 24 December 2011

A thought for Christmas Eve


On this Christmas Eve spare a thought for the small traders in the Podium who have lost their premises by the expansion of the Waitrose Bath supermarket.
This is a before and after picture of Bath Photo Optics owned and run by Peter Larkin.

Peter is in the RUH at the moment for heart surgery, a condition not helped by the loss of his shop.

He is hoping to reopen on a new site sometime later this year. 
I never was a Waitrose customer (preferring to go where I can park easily and free) and I am certainly not going to start shopping there now.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I feel very sad and in fact angry about the Waitrose expansion. I am amazed at the lack of objection to this. I liked The Podium and enjoyed the character with all the small traders there. I feel so sad now, all the restraunts are gone, the nice cafe on the corner. I now officially despise Waitrose. Why was this allowed to go ahead?