Don’t forget to visit our shop Click Here

Our blog has grown more than we ever expected over the last two years.

It now has more than a thousand pictures, to keep things simple we have started a new-style Blog.

The old Blog is Here


Need an experienced and reliable photographer
in the Bath Area?
Check out my web site

Email me or phone 01225 833819

About Me

Don’t forget to visit our shop


To see the full blog

Monday, 5 December 2011

Polaroid 180

 Here's something for the instant picture fans.
This is me taking my own picture in a mirror.
In those days Polaroid B&W film had to be coated 
with a gooey sort of lipstick to make it permanent.
But I used the 180 in the studio because flash 
meters were as rare as hens teeth in those days.
Please note I have found out how to tuck my shirt in now.
 The camera is a rare manual Polaroid 180 camera
Produced: 1965-1969 / Original Retail: $189.95
Estimated Production: 51,000 - (80,000)
  Lens: 114mm, f/4.5 4-element Tominon
    Shutter: Seikosha leaf shutter, 1 - 1/500 sec
    Flash: M and X sync.
with a Zeiss Rangefinder
    Built-in self-timer ("V" setting on flash sync lever)
    Manual exposure. (either by conventional shutter/aperture settings, or by the EV system) 
A league of nations camera.
American design and film, German viewfinder, Japanese shutter and lens.
This picture of Wendy and I was taken with
it about 45 years ago, the Polaroid colour film
didn't need coating.

No comments: