Don’t forget to visit our shop Click Here

Our blog has grown more than we ever expected over the last two years.

It now has more than a thousand pictures, to keep things simple we have started a new-style Blog.

The old Blog is Here


Need an experienced and reliable photographer
in the Bath Area?
Check out my web site

Email me or phone 01225 833819

About Me

Don’t forget to visit our shop


To see the full blog

Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Prior Park College fire 1984

I was on my day off in and was at my insurance agents on the Lower Bristol road, hearing two tones I looked out of the window and was surprised to see fire engines coming into Bath.
When I called the office I was told Prior Park College was on fire and a photographer was on the way.
Knowing the famous view was looking up from the grounds but the firefighters were on the opposite side I decided to take a look for a different view.
In the days before the National trust took over the only way into the grounds was through someone’s garden.
When I knocked on the door for permission to go through I was greeted by a woman who asked why I wanted to get in.
I explained and she said her husband was the school caretaker and he’s on day off and at the barbers.
She dashed off to call her Husband and I wandered into the grounds and took this picture.

No comments: